Time to Ditch DVRs – Five Reasons to Make the Move
ControlByNet, (CBN), a leader in cloud-based, hosted video security surveillance solutions, is showcasing its solutions for home owners associations and property managers at the CAI Annual Conference and Exposition. Displayed in booth 813, CBN’s “no DVR-needed” product offerings allow HOA board members the ability to monitor the community with a unified, cloud-based, hosted video surveillance solution. It also provides a centralized access solution for property managers and management companies to put multiple communities under one ‘umbrella’. ControlByNet has developed Ditch DVRs: Take it to the Cloud: Five Reasons to Make the Move to help CIA attendees understand the benefits of hosted video surveillance.
“With all the TV coverage about broken or stolen DVRs at crime scenes, we decided to compile Five Reasons to Make the Move to help educate HOAs and property managers on the benefits of hosted video security surveillance. There is still a learning gap when it comes to cloud-based video surveillance and we want to help educate users on how solutions like our cloud-based offerings provide a reliable and cost-effective solution,” said Ryan Strange, CEO of ControlByNet. “With no video storage onsite, e-mail alerts when problems arrive and nothing for vandals to steal, our solution provides residents a greater sense of security and deters malicious vandalism.”
Ditch DVRs: Take it to the Cloud: Five Reasons to Make the Move
HOAs and property managers need a security solution that helps them protect the property, as well as minimize the day-to-day security worries. Hosted video security surveillance provides an effective solution that allows them to build for the future instead of buying from the past.
- Nothing onsite: No video storage onsite, only network (IP) cameras and switch. There is nothing for vandals or mischievous kids to steal that contains the evidence. Once an act is recorded it is secure.
- Always Someone Watching: Solutions like ControlByNet know when cameras, Internet or power has been interrupted. Instead of going weeks without the knowledge of an outage, the system alerts you to the outage so it can be fixed immediately. This greatly reduces the responsibility of the manager of volunteer boards.
- Up-to-date Technology: ControlByNet’s i-flashback solution allows users to control who accesses the video and archives from any location with Internet access. In addition, cloud-based systems are always up to date with newest technology including access from smartphones, iPhones and iPads. In addition technology enhancements are automatically added with no cost to end user.
- Affordable: Cloud-based systems provide a lower cost of entry since there are no server purchases. They also provide a steady rate for service providing greater ease of planning and budgeting
- Single Solution for Multiple Areas/Properties: With cloud-based solutions, users can easily combine physically separate locations to keep a single login and view of cameras. From front/back pools to multiple properties to gates and offices, hosted video security surveillance like ControlByNet can combine any combination to work as a single solution.
CBN’s “no DVR-needed” product offerings include i-flashback LOCAL, i-flashback REMOTE and ip-LookOUT. i-flashback is an easy to use, 100-percent browser-based application installed as either an onsite solution, remotely hosted solution or any number of combinations. Both software solutions allow users to manage any number of remote cameras from a single browser; including Internet Explorer, Firefox, as well as the growing number of connected devices including Windows Mobile, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Android. i-flashback REMOTE, the hosted solution, provides web-based controls for hosting providers to manage multiple servers, users and accounts.