ControlByNet, a leader in cloud-based hosted video security surveillance, has a solution for businesses combating holiday theft. According to FBI findings, December is the peak month for burglaries and CNN reports that in many places, the week following Christmas has the heaviest burglary caseload.
ControlByNet’s cloud video surveillance software allows business owners to view one or multiple properties over any web browser including iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows Mobile devices with a single login. Recorded digital video is immediately and safely stored offsite, safe from theft or vandalism and can be viewed 24/7.
“Businesses need a digital video surveillance system that they can depend on during the busy holiday season when incidents increase. The video needs to be clear to help identify thieves or vandals and it needs to be easily accessible,” said Ryan Strange, CEO of ControlByNet. “Our video surveillance software provides clear digital video that can be used to identify criminals and subsequently prosecute them in court.”
Holiday Theft Prevention Tips
1. Position cameras to cover the most vulnerable and high traffic areas
2. Make sure that holiday decorations aren’t blocking the camera or causing a blind spot
3. Encourage residents to request signature upon delivery when arranging shipments
4. Leave the lights on – even if it’s just from the twinkle of a Christmas tree, lights are a deterrent
5. Ask residents about out-of-town plans – be vigilant in case of suspicious activity
6. Notify local police department for increased patrols
7. Switch dated analog surveillance to ControlByNet’s digital cloud surveillance solution